Inside Anne Sutton's Studio

We are very excited to welcome Anne Sutton from Bunny Hill Designs as our first guest blogger and designer profile. Anne is a good friend of ours and has designed patterns for several years and is now a designer for Henry Glass Fabrics. We asked her to provide some insight into her style, her current collection, Beary Boys and Girls, and her upcoming collection, Miss Emma’s Garden, which comes out in November.

Anne SuttonWhen Henry Glass Fabrics asked me to design another children’s line for flannel, I thought soft, sweet and cuddly. Teddy bears instantly came to mind!

I’ve been a collector of bears for years and I have some very old, but loved ones in my collection. So I surrounded myself with little bears and started drawing! Once I had the focus fabric the rest was easy. Checks, dots and little sections of my sketches were put together and the collection “Beary Boys and Girls” was born!

The Bunny Hill style is what I like to call “New” Cottage. It’s been my favorite style of decorating for many years and it sets the mood for my designs and fabrics. It’s a mix of new and old, comfortable and homey, and very mix and match. At Bunny Hill I want quilts to be used…not stacked in a pile to be lost to the senses. I create for enjoyment and hope that my designs will be usable and fun for your home.

“Miss Emma’s Garden” was designed with this in mind. I plan on decorating one of my own bedrooms with this fabric line! As for the name of the fabric line…it’s very special to me. It was named for Kimberly Jolly’s new baby Emma. May this beautiful little girl be surrounded by pink roses all of her life!

Anne and Miss Emma JollyMost of my designs include an element of surprise, that little bird placed on something not expected or a bunny peeking out from behind a basket. It’s what everyone in the industry calls whimsy… I call it using your imagination! “Flowers for Emma” will follow “Miss Emma’s Garden” and you’re sure to find some tiny little birds throughout the fabric!

Snapshots from Anne's studio
studio button jars

Labels: