Vicki Bellino for Bloom Creek

We've just received some wonderful patterns by our friend Vicki Bellino of Bloom Creek, including a beautiful block-of-the-month! Check out what she has to say about designing and her current projects!

After hearing Kimberly added a blog to her web site, I was so motivated and committed to finally adding a blog to my web site. BUT...then I read Anne Sutton’s posting and saw the photo of her beautiful design studio!! Now I’m torn between setting up a blog or knocking out walls and remodeling my design studio!!! (My husband is definitely encouraging me to go the blog route.) Kimberly knows how much I "love" anything computer-related, which is my excuse for not jumping on board the blog wagon yet. It’s definitely on the top of my “to-do” list!

The past two months have been spent working on new designs in preparation for fall market. I’m feeling the need for an extra pair of hands right now and can’t believe how fast October is approaching! But, no matter now much I have to get accomplished, it never feels like work. I love every aspect of what I do, from designing to piecing to appliqué to machine-quilting, and even sewing on binding. In fact, I’m so fortunate to be living the motto on the t-shirt I’m wearing right now...“Life is good...do what you like, like what you do”.

I must say the best part of Bloom Creek for me has been the wonderful friends I’ve made in the quilting industry. I finally got to meet Anne Sutton at market in Salt Lake. Thanks, Anne, for all of your guidance and invaluable advice! Can’t wait to meet Kimberly, Kevin and Emma in Houston!

I’m excited about introducing my first block-a-month in October. It’s called Raspberry Truffle and I used the Charleston IV fabric line, and guess what...it’s made using charm squares!

I also just finished a few new projects for Marcus Brothers using their new Crazy 8’s (8-1/2” squares) and Aunt Grace charm squares, like this pillow. These will be free projects on the Marcus Brothers web site in the near future.

Vicki Bellino
Bloom Creek

Labels: