Vicky McGee on Skipping Stones Quilt Kit

Vicky McGee is one of our favorite fabric addicts of all time, and we know the true reason she's on her "fabric diet" -- to make room for more! We asked her to help us make a rustic new quilt out of At Water's Edge called Skipping Stones, so who better to describe it than...Vicky?

One of the many pleasures of being a quilter is getting to know those in the industry who inspire us and keep our creative juices flowing. My very dear friend, Kimberly, has been such an inspiration to me, and I’ve fallen totally in love with the adorable Miss Emma!

After Fall Market I was delighted to have the opportunity to make a sample kit for Kimberly. The result is Skipping Stones, an exclusive Fat Quarter Shop quilt kit, using the At Water’s Edge line by Blackbird Designs for Moda.

This quilt was so easy and so much fun to make. I was able to cut the kit one afternoon, and sew the blocks and completely assemble the quilt the next day. With limited sewing time and easy rules (in my book), Skipping Stones fit the bill perfectly! The fabric is gorgeous, the instructions are well written, and I loved every second of making this quilt.

Thanks, Kimberly, for allowing me to work with you on this kit. It’s a beauty!

Vicky McGee
http://laquilter.blogspot.com

Labels: