Nancy Halvorsen on "12 Days of Christmas"

We know Debbie will love reading our guest's piece today! Nancy Halvorsen has a charming new Christmas line out called "12 Days of Christmas." It's a combination of traditional themes with rich holiday hues and a fresh "Nancy" spin. Nancy's new companion book will be also available at the Fat Quarter Shop. And don't forget, the Jolly Jabber Idol contest ends Sunday, so get your entries in!

Hi! I'm Nancy Halvorsen. I'm the mother of four kids and grandmother of two. I've been in the quilt design business for 16 years and have designed fabric for Benartex for about 13 years. My design studio consists of three rooms at my home. One room is fitted out as my sewing and creating room. I have a big cutting table in the middle of the room. There is lots of natural light and big double closets packed full of fabric. My office is upstairs where I do all of the computer work to prepare my books and patterns for publication and printing. The third room is used for my drawing and fabric painting and design. I have an office and warehouse space at another location with employees there to help with shipping and keeping the business running smoothly.

I've always loved the "12 Days of Christmas" carol. When I sat down to design the "12 Days of Christmas" fabric line and panel, I knew that I wanted to stay with the traditional words of the Christmas carol, but I wanted to put a new a fresh "Nancy Halvorsen" spin on it. I tried to think of a fun way to represent some of the traditional images. I also decided to focus on one aspect of the "First Day", and that was "pears". I put a pear in the image for each of the twelve days. It was hard trying to figure out how to get a pear into some of them, but if you look close you'll see them.

The "12 Days of Christmas" book that will be accompanying this fabric line will be out in May. Here are sneak peeks at two of the projects that will be included in the book. Happy Quilting!

Nancy Halvorsen
Art to Heart

Labels: