Have Your Cake and Eat it Too! from Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow

Check out this fantastic and scrumptious new book at Fat Quarter Shop by Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow! It's called Have Your Cake and Eat It Too! Quilt Patterns with Recipes, and it combines some pretty fantastic patterns with a multitude of gorgeous new fabrics, some of which have also been featured here on the Jolly Jabber. This is going to sell better than hotcakes (pardon the pun, it was too hard to pass up!). Moving on...we'll let Dodi and Heidi Paulson, the duo that is Two Sisters, tell you the rest.

HI EVERYONE!
We are so excited to be part of the Jolly Jabber. Thank you, Kimberly, for inviting us to participate.

We are Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow. You may recognize our familiar swoosh and cute squirrels. We’re often affectionately referred to as the “Nut Sisters.”
My sister, Heidi, and I design and distribute patterns that are fun, fabulous and better yet, work up relatively fast! In the past year we could not have imagined all the wonderful opportunities that have come our way. It’s been a whirlwind ride, but we both are enjoying every minute of it.

Heidi & I often meet up on her ten acres in Missouri to plan, design & create. Heidi is the baby of our family, and like many younger siblings, they tend to be a bit spoiled. To prove this point, her husband built her a big girl’s playhouse; a wonderful quilt studio, out on their 10 acres of property. It has everything she needs, and then some. Of course that’s one of the reasons I love to visit; plus the fact that Heidi is my very best friend! My husband hates to have me return after visiting… and you know why…yes, I love this quilting studio!

Heidi, her husband Rick, and their 2 cats live in Missouri. I live in the state of Washington with my husband Bart. I have two terrific grown children, Mikel and Megan, who are both married. Each has given me the best gift of all…grandchildren! Henderson & Ebbi are the joy of my life! And better yet each of them will welcome a little sister in late summer & early fall – how could I get so lucky?

We have been working hard over the past 7 months getting ready for Spring Quilt Market and this week we launched our first book, Have Your Cake and eat it too! Quilt patterns with Recipes.

I designed the projects for Have Your Cake and eat it too!

Whenever there are several desserts to choose from I am always inclined to say, “I’d like a bite of each.” With so many wonderful fabrics in the marketplace, I was inspired to design a book with a taste of everything. If you love the ease of sewing with precut bundles, you will enjoy this book.

Each of the 7 quilt projects is named after a cake and 5 yummy recipes are included in the full color book. In the book you will find: 1 jelly roll quilt, 2 fat quarter quilts, 1 fat eighth table runner & placemats, 1 layer cake quilt, 1 charm pack quilt, & 1 yardage quilt. Here’s a sneak peek of a couple of the projects - there is a quilt style for everyone, from traditional to contemporary.

The best part of the business is working not only with my sister Heidi, but with my daughter Megan, who is also a pattern designer. She is our children’s designer for Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow and her company is known as Little Londyn. Look for her 5 new patterns. You’re going to love them!

Check out all of Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow and Little Londyn designs at www.twosashquilts.com.

We love working together and creating new and exciting products for you to enjoy. It is a privilege to be a part of this industry. Our heartfelt thanks go out to all of you who support and inspire us each day. We hope you’ll enjoy the book. Remember there’s never too much of a good thing, especially when it comes to Quilts & Cake!

Thanks Kimberly and the Fat Quarter Shop! See you soon in Portland at Spring Quilt Market!

Our best to you all,
Dodi & Heidi
Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow

Labels: