Sue Zipkin's Jumpin' Java

Mmmm, Sue Zipkin's Jumpin' Java collection has been warming up our home page! Coffee is one of MY favorite things--at least before 8 AM, and I know I'm not the only one. Sue expresses her affection for the super drink in Jumpin' Java for Clothworks, full of mocha browns, milky creams, rich hazelnuts, and a bright accenting aqua! She proves that there is no "regular" cup of joe, and I hope you enjoy this collection as much as your that steamy morning companion!

Thank you so much for having me back to blog for the Jolly Jabber. I am excited to talk about my new fabric collection from Clothworks called Jumpin’ Java.

Coffee has always been one of my favorite things. Every day I wake up and the first thing I do is make myself a cup of fresh coffee (doesn't everybody?). Once I have enjoyed my cuppa Java I start my day and begin to design.

I have been designing dinnerware for many years so I am right at home with coffee cups and mugs. Creating the Jumpin' Java fabric collection was an exciting opportunity to think about the essence of coffee and the fun dance of the beans and the steam swirling out of the cups. I love working with this color palette using the browns and neutral tones mixed in with some unexpected colorful surprises like aqua and green.

I had originally designed a ceramic dinnerware collection for "Certified international" The tones were trendy pinks, aqua, and brown. When Clothworks saw my dinnerware collection, they were excited about the idea of expanding into a fabric collection using more earth tones in the palette. I was thrilled with this idea because to me coffee always works best using neutrals. We kept the aqua for POP!

Clothworks has created a beautiful free quilt design using Jumpin' Java. I am blessed to be able to work with such a wonderful company; we are true partners and we are always "brewing up" something exciting and new. For all you coffee lovers out there who also enjoy quilting I hope you are inspired to grab a cup and start sewing. I'm always excited to see my fabric creations used in your sewing projects, so please feel free to send pictures of them to me and I can post them on my blog.

Sue Zipkin
Sue's Blog.

Labels: