Chloe's Christmas by Amy Barickman for Red Rooster Fabrics

Amy Barickman, the mind behind Indygo Junction and Vintage Workshop, has released another wonderful line with Red Rooster Fabrics. Inspired by her own little Chloe (the cat), Chloe's Christmas is a neat retro-inspired collection of 18 festive prints in bright, true greens, red, cream and gold. Reindeer, Christmas trees, snowflakes, and cats prance about, studded with gold metallics. Spruce up your stash for the holidays with bundles, yardage, and a quilt kit! She joins us today to talk about Indygo Junction and Chloe's Christmas.


I was fortunate to launch Indygo Junction fresh out of my college experience (I studied Fine Arts at The University of Kansas). I was introduced to the pattern business through my mother, Donna Martin's retail pursuits...she owned a craft shop in my high school years and published patterns in her local market. Her store, which was open for over 20 years, drew many talented, creative spirits, and initially I was able to source designs from those artisans, allowing me to enter the market with a diverse collection of styles.

One of my greatest joys and comforts in my business life is being able to share my work and travel with my mother, as she has retired from her business several years ago and is now designing for my company. Some of her recent releases include Grids and Grommets and Sister Smocks.

Chloe's Christmas was inspired by a collection of retro graphics in my Vintage Workshop collection. The graphic elements were featured on 1940-50's Christmas cards, wrapping paper, and cardboard gift boxes. Artwork was scanned and edited for the fabric repeats. My favorite pattern was the cat, so when it came time to name the collection I decided to dedicate it to our family and office feline friend, "Chloe". Spring 2009 is an exciting time in our studio...new fabrics in the works include a line created from the graphics in our recent release THE SEW-IT BOOK... we are preparing for Quilt Market in Pittsburg with 20 new patterns in production..and I will be blogging soon-can't wait!!! Sign-up for our e-newsletters to keep in the loop on Indygo Junction and Vintage Workshop.

Amy Barickman
Indygo Junction & Vintage Workshop

Labels: ,