New Patterns from The Pattern Basket

We've loved every The Pattern Basket pattern design to come through our shop doors. They are always whimsical, elegant, vibrant and fresh. And her choice is fabrics is delish as well! Margot Languedoc's newest designs are no exception. Dressed in flowers, butterflies, and baby bottles, if appliqué is your thing, then these will truly delight you! Also check out her blog for sneak peeks of her design wall!

Thank you so much Kimberly for your sweet invitation to guest blog. This is so much fun!

First, a little about me. My name is Margot Languedoc -- I know, it’s quite a mouthful! My first name is pronounced Margo (the ‘t’ is silent) and my last name is pronounced Longa-doc. I am the designer and owner of the The Pattern Basket. I have been designing quilts for the past four years and enjoying every minute of it. My studio is in the house that my husband and I built on an old Christmas tree farm in a very small town called Dunrobin, Ontario, outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada’s Capital. We moved here from city living and I am loving country life. Visit my blog to see whoo! are some of our new friends.

My seven new patterns are finished and have arrived here at the Fat Quarter Shop. So exciting!! I hope you will love them as much as I do. They were so much fun to create. As you can tell, I am crazy about Moda pre-cuts. Five of my new patterns were designed to use them, and with Moda’s fabric designers creating beautiful fabric collections the combination is perfect to work with. Two of my new patterns -- Icing on the Cake and Daisy Roll -- feature a 3 Sisters collection called Glacé and two more -- Sew Pretty Apron and Sugar Drops -- feature Patisserie by Fig Tree Quilts. These new Moda collections are so beautiful and timeless they provided me with endless inspiration! My Butterfly Bliss pattern was designed with Beach House by Blackbird Designs, such pretty warm colors … I love it!

These designs feature more appliqué than I usually include in my patterns. I have a fantastic appliqué method and homemade starch recipe that I want to share with you. I have talked with many quilters and some are not completely happy with the appliqué techniques they have tried. But this one is great because it is so simple, fast and most of all has a wonderful finish with fine cotton embroidery thread. If machine appliqué isn’t your favourite thing, this method might change the way you feel about it! Come visit my appliqué tutorial.

Every time I finish a new pattern it’s such a wonderful feeling! I feel very lucky to be able to spend my days quilting and designing with beautiful fabric. Today it’s back to my studio to work on more new patterns. They’ll be coming soon, so come by and see what’s being created at The Pattern Basket!

Margot
The Pattern Basket

The Pattern Basket Blog

Labels: