A Vintage Christmas BOM

Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs seems to always know exactly what we girls like. No matter what your age, style, or background, there is a timeless elegance to her style that speaks to all of us. Fat Quarter Shop is proudly offering her newest beauty, A Vintage Christmas Block of the Month. It's a pink Christmas quilt (yes, pink) that you will adore! Presents, houses, bows, reindeer, bells, and a happy little snowman...so cheery and sweet! We start this BOM in July, so join us soon for your very own Pink Christmas!

A little Christmas present was the unexpected start of "A Vintage Christmas" quilt. My home is always decorated in the vintage style that I love, so the idea of a "vintage" style quilt is not a new one. Sometimes as designers, we just need a little push to get us going! A week before Christmas last year, my friend Brigette arrived with a present wrapped in pink paper. When I opened the gift I knew how special it was!

This sign says so much about me! From this "A Vintage Christmas" was inspired…

I designed "A Vintage Christmas" as a quilt that could easily hang every season in my own home. A quilt that would make my glitter houses sparkle, and my vintage ornaments look a bit more aged. Why, even my little pink sheep would be happy displayed in front of this quilt.

When Renee Nanneman of Need’l Love sent me a bundle of her newest line, Stone Cottage from Andover, I knew it was the perfect fabric! Add some Glacé from Moda Fabrics and the combination touched my heart! I wanted elegant with a touch of whimsy, old world with that aged look. I hope you’ll find all of this in "A Vintage Christmas".

Many "vintage" years ago when I was a little girl, my father would tell me a Christmas story of how he was the "real" Santa Claus. I would fall asleep waiting for him to arrive with his reindeer and a sleigh filled with presents, for me, of course. These are the reindeer across the top of the quilt! And as for the presents, I’m sharing them with all of you.

A big thank you to Kimberly at the Fat Quarter Shop for working so hard to bring you the same fabrics I used for my own. A block of the month from her is always a special treat! I hope you enjoy making "A Vintage Christmas".


Anne Sutton
Bunny Hill Designs
Bunny Tales

Labels: