Summer Soiree by Paula Prass

Summer Soiree is the newest from Paula Prass for Michael Miller Fabrics. These fabrics are aptly named; they bring "soiree" to the table in a big way! Paula, with her background as interior decorator /home decor diva/ artist (yeah, we're pretty sure she can do anything), knows how to infuse glamour and drama into her designs with the details. Swirling filigrees, bouquets on doilies, and whimsical blooms lend elegance, while houndstooth and zebra textures add a "yowza" factor. Bright aquas, pinks and yellows make it fun, anchored by the classic black and white. Glamour, drama and so much fun!

Hello everyone,

What an honor to have a guest post on such a popular site! I still consider myself the new kid (at least I'd like to think I'm a new kid) on the block, even though I'm thrilled that my second collection of fabrics, called Summer Soiree for Michael Miller, is rolling into stores now.

If you're the curious type, let me share a little about myself. While my career choice centered on interior design, art and fashion have always been a close second. I see many similarities between fashion and upholstery design. I consider black and white to be staples, and I think classic with a twist is the way to go.

The new Summer Soiree fabric is my version of a fabulous party in three locations (colorways). Imagine an evening in Manhattan with the night lights, a garden party in Nantucket or a Miami pool party. Lots of flowers, canopy stripes, and some party animals (zebra prints in wild colors) to spice things up. Then there's cufflinks, diamonds (a girl's best friend, you know?), bold houndstooth chevrons, topped off with party mints in fun colors. I surely do hope working with these fabrics will put you in a festive mood.

So, what else am I up to? Well, I am working on a variety of sewing patterns. My Jackie handbag was a real hit at Spring Market, so that's a definite, but I'm sketching and experimenting and should debut my latest creations before the Fall Quilt Market. I'm aiming for that classic with a twist look, so stay tuned. I also have my third collection of fabrics already complete with a possible summer release. Keep your fingers crossed!

Paula Prass
Show + Tell blog
Paula Prass website

Labels: ,