Meet Me in the Meadow by Jill Finley

Meet Me in the Meadow by Jill Finley for Henry Glass FabricsMeet Me in the Meadow is the debut of Jill Finley of Jillily Studio for Henry Glass Fabrics. Fantastically bright hues (black, red, yellow, blue, green and cream) dominate the hand-drawn florals, paisleys, dots, vines and checks, for a really striking, yet still soft, line. Also be sure to check out the free quilt pattern available for Meet Me in the Meadow! This appliquéd quilt is designed to showcase the soft or bright sides of the collection, whichever you like (need) more!

Hello Quilters!

I am so excited to post on this blog. I have been a big fan of the Fat Quarter Shop since the beginning.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Jill Finley, I am the owner/designer/creative director (and head janitor) at Jillily Studio. I have been in business for about two years now. I love putting fabrics together to create new projects and designing patterns for quilts.

I am so excited about my newest fabric collection for Henry Glass Fabrics. I have been busy creating new projects for Meet Me in the Meadow. There is nothing better than being in my sewing room with new fabric, a rotary cutter and a little bit of time! I love the saturated colors and especially the black and cream. Bold reds and yellows with soft greens and blues . . . it really is yummy.

When my kids were little they would call their friends in the neighborhood to play. The standard line was, "Meet me in the meadow." So the kids would gather to explore in the nearby fields and groves. Sometimes they wouldn't come in for hours. When I was designing this line, I initially called it "Meadow." The kids had a flood of memories, and dubbed it "Meet Me in the Meadow" and it stuck.

I am currently working on my next line, which I will introduce at Fall Market. It should be out next spring. I also have several patterns in the works, and I am doing a book for Kansas City Star. More about that later . . .

Please visit me at my Jillily Studio website to see all my new patterns and Appli-Glue, which I love for my appliqué projects!

I'd love to hear from quilters about what you are doing. Did you have time to quilt this summer? (Can you believe it is almost over?!) Let's get ready for Fall by choosing a new pattern and fabric to spark your creative genius!

Happy Quilting!
Jill Finley
Jillily Studio
Jillily Studio Blog

Labels: ,