Awesome by Sandy Gervais

We're in the midst of summer, but fall's creeping up faster everyday.  If you haven't already started, it's time to get crackin' on this year's fall quilts....If you're still trying to decide which of our fab lines you want, maybe today's the day to put that to closure...  The oh-so-adoring Sandy Gervais is visiting us today to give you a little taste of the "pieces from [her] heart" that helped her create this year's cheery fall collection of Awesome.  Her designs pipe up the small beauties and you can almost feel the textures of fall.  I can't wait to see what she comes up with next... I hear she has already started on her fall collection for 2011!


What an Awesome time of the year.

A time when nature displays the last burst of color before it is put to bed for the winter.

Our yard is full of oak trees that have probably been there since the late 1800's. I have a love - hate relationship with the oak trees.


I love their stately old look and the wonderful umbrella of shade that they provide our house during the hot summer months. I love watching the busy little squirrels running here, there and everywhere, gathering acorns for the winter.

However come fall when it is acorn season and we are literally scooping the acorns off of the driveway - then I don't like the old oak trees so much.

The panel from my fall line Awesome features the old oak trees and the busy squirrels from our yard.

The line features prints and polka-dots in the rich fall colors that nature provides.

It is very hot and humid here in Iowa today, but before we know it the days will be cool, school will be starting and fall will have arrived. Really, it is not too early to be thinking about getting those fall projects started.

Happy summer, happy fall, happy quilting.

From my heart,
Sandy Gervais

Pieces from my Heart Website
Pieces from My Heart Blog

Labels: