Fandango by Kate Spain-- and more!

Bringing the Spain back home, Kate Spain's new line Fandango does an absolutely fabulous job!  After living in Spain for two months myself, this line hits right to my heart, reminding me of the color tones and architecture all around the country.... ohh how I want to go back to visit!  I love how Kate gave us an extra kick with a little contemporary feel too!


Check out the Fandango Tango quilt kit we're getting in next week!  It's made from the Parasols Quilt Pattern by Fig Tree Quilts.. super cute!




Hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying summer to its fullest. It's been a busy one around here for sure and I am so happy that it's August now because that means...Fandango yardage will be shipping! You probably already know that a "Fandango" is quite a snappy Spanish folk dance (ya, it's not just where you buy movie tickets), complete with castanets, hand clapping and foot stamping.




While I'm not much of a dancer (two left feet on the dance floor) I had such fun letting my pencil dance across the page when I began sketching concepts for this line!



I also wanted to include my love for making pottery and some of the beautiful motifs on hand made decorative tiles from afar.



The colors for Fandango were largely inspired by some tiles I bought while traveling in Mexico. When I saw them, I fell in love with the earthy combination of gold, celadon and terra cotta.


Kate Spain
www.katespain.com





***********************************************************

And now guess what!?  We have a special giveaway for Kate's new line!  It's a candy bar of Fandango, but.. you also get an extra surprise candy bar of Breakfast at Tiffany's by Fig Tree Quilts... annnd.. they come in a super cute tin from Moda! 






 Let's hear what you have to say on our blog... leave a comment on this post and bam! you are then now qualified to win this adorable set!  You have till Wednesday, September 1 at midnight CST!  Good luck! :-)




************************************************************


OHH, and one more thing! Kate has a generous giveaway on her blog right now! Hurry because it is ending Tuesday, Aug 31st!  





Labels: ,