Masion de Garance by French General + Winners!


Happy Friday!!  Have you checked out Masion de Garance by French General yet?  It comes in all the precuts, cottons, silky cottons, toweling, quilt kits, patterns, a block of the month, and even trim!  With the rich reds, browns and creams it's perfect for any time of year but even especially as an elegant feature for the holidays (you know, without screaming: THIS IS A CHRISTMAS DECORATION!). ;-)  Well we got lucky again today and Kaari from French General is here to tell us more details of this absolutely elegant line.




Maison de Garance is French General's Fall 2011 collection of fabric that is inspired by the colors in Toulouse during the 19th century. This collection grew out of a conversation Cheryl, the Moda design director, and I had last summer while sitting in her room at Chateau Dumas, overlooking the sunflower fields below. Cheryl pulled out a brown and white transfer ware plate she had bought at the flea market in Toulouse and we were both enamoured with the deep chocolate color - and thought it would be the perfect compliment to the old French General reds. Maison de Garance is a collection of fabrics filled with our classic French reds, rich browns and a natural tea stain color...and the leaves are green! I am just crazy about some of the florals that are embellished with color - I can't decide if I like the reproduction or the original better - and that's a good sign!



Inspired by the colors in Maison de Garance, we decided it was time to start designing patterns to use with our fabrics. Our first two patterns, Maison de Garance and Reine des Abeilles are quilts designed by Keiko Clark of K. Cotton Studio. Colorful, elegant designs that capture the essence of French rural life are woven into each of our patterns. We hope you enjoy sewing with our new collection as well as trying out one of our new patterns, available at frenchgeneral.com in November.

Merci-

Kaari

******










And now what you have all been waiting for!  The Bliss and City Weekend candy bar giveaway!  I loved reading what everyone came up with! This one was a tough pick though!


Soooo here we go!



Lindz


"I would choose Bliss.


For my costume, I would get
three dolls, all boys, and carry them around with one arm.


I would have a Dr. Pepper in the other arm.


I would put a camera around my neck.


And then I would make a superhero cape out of Bliss (with a quilt-y look).


Who would I be? (The super-perfect and very talented) Camille Roskelley.


(It sounds like I want to date or or something, doesn't? Really, I just envy her.)"




AND


Jansie


"Hi there, I would love to try City Weekend. My costume would be made with card board covered in fabric. On top of the head would be a panel of blue for the sky. The body would be a combo of red, turquoise and yellow tree branches, and the bottom would be green and yellow grasses. A walking walk in the park. :)"




Congratulations Lindz and Jansie!!


To claim your prize email "stephanie [at] fatquartershop [dot] com" with your full shipping address by Wednesday, October 27th @ midnight CST.  


Have a lovely weekend everyone! :)



Labels: ,