1. What was the initial thought that inspired Ready, Set, Go?
My cousin had a baby and they decorated his room in planes. After hearing this, I told him "I think I'm going to do a plane design!" And he was like "Why was that not your very FIRST design?". You see, the men in my family love all things aviation. My dad watches aviation television shows, collects model planes, attends flight shows and has even taken pilot lessons. You get the picture, he loves aviation. So, I thought it would be neat to create a collection with my dad, and the other guys in my family, in mind. When I sat down to design planes, it turned into cars, trains, etc. Oh, and my mom came up with the name.
2. Was there another line that you knew you wanted to tie colors in from, or are these all new shades? What inspired the colors or how did you choose them?
Yes, many of the designs coordinate with the Bermuda colorway from my Remix fabric collection. I just love this colorway. I did a couple of new colors as well.
3. Are you a quilter/ sewer yourself? What are a few of your favorite projects you have made or seen using Ready, Set, Go?
I'm a newbie sewer. I have a bunch of things I plan to sew, like baby burp cloths and bibs. My friend, Julie Herman, has sewn this awesome quilt. She created a new pattern called, Plaid Parade. I love how she mixed all the collection together. So cute.
4. What are you currently working on?
Currently, I'm working on new stuff in the paper world.
And now, guess what! Kelle Boyd has generously donated a Fat Quarter Bundle of her new line for a giveaway! Comment on this post telling us you did the following. You can have up to two entries, but can only use each option once:
1. Like Ann Kelle and Fat Quarter Shop on Facebook
2. Subscribe to Ann Kelle's blog
The contest will close Thursday, March 17th CST. Now get on clicking!