Designer Tidbits: Heather Mulder Peterson












The Fat Quarter Shop is excited to welcome Heather Mulder Peterson to the Jolly Jabber. Heather’s latest fabric collection is Deck the Halls from Henry Glass Fabrics. Here she is at Spring Market with her super-nice husband Joel.




Q: What was the first seed that grew into the Deck the Halls collection?
A: I wanted to combine a few of my favorite Christmas motifs, along with dots, stripes, and other more home-dec type prints. The colors are taken from my home, so together I can make lots of Christmas quilts/projects from the fabric. I also wanted the line to be versatile, so there are only 3 or 4 fabrics that are specifically Christmas. The rest can be used year-round.





Q: What are 3 Words you would choose to describe this collection?
A:
1. Classic
2. Whimsical
3. Versatile




Q: What single print/SKU in the collection is your favorite (can only pick one!)?
A: My favorite is print 5488-11. It's my favorite because I love large-scale fabrics, escpecially damask and home-dec fabrics. This print reminds me of that, but the motif ine the center is in the shape of a Christmas ornament. It is so subtle that you may not even realize that that is what it is!




Q: What is your dream project using this collection?
A: Honestly, I've been so busy with quilt market deadlines, that I haven't even had time to plan out all the projects I want to make out the fabric yet! So, I don't have a dream project, but I want to make several things from my new book with this fabric - Soulful Blossoms, Hip to {NOT} be Square, and Spaghetti Junction are at the top of the list.





Heather's Silly Secrets:

1. What music are you listening to right now?
Lately I have been listening to books on tape. My husband and I spent 36 hours in the car getting to and from market, so we just finished "To Kill a Mockingbird"

2. Do you have any pets and what are their name(s)?
Daisy. Would you like to see a picture? AKA the "love machine". She loves people and she would love to make out with each and every one of you (if you would let her, which I for one, don't).





3. Your biggest pet peeve?
Wow, that is a serious question. Pet Peeve - defined by Webster as: a frequent subject of complaint. I would have to say my bad memory.

4. What color are you thinking about today?
Green. Here in Minnesota, the world has gone from brown to a brilliant green in a matter of a week.

5. What is the most important part of a sandwich?
Do I have to pick? I would say the brea, the cheese, the meat or the sauce.



Labels: ,