Designer Tidbits: Sweetwater













The Fat Quarter Shop is excited to welcome Sweetwater to the Jolly Jabber. Sweetwater’s latest fabric collection is Countdown to Christmas from Moda.




Q: What was the first seed that grew into the Countdown to Christmas collection?
A: Countdown To Christmas was inspired by the waiting and anticipation of Christmas to come. We came out with an advent pattern and kit a couple of years ago focusing on counting down to Christmas. The kit was a big success and we have incorporated some of the same designs in this line.




Q: What are 3 words you would choose to describe this collection?
A:
1. FUN
2. FESTIVE
3. CHEERY




Q: What single print/SKU in the collection is your favorite (can only pick one!)?
A: man, I can only pick one? I am a big sucker for polka dots so I am going to have to say 5453-12. That's the green one.




Q: What is your dream project using this collection?
A: I would love to create a Christmas quilt for everyone in my family to put on their beds during the holiday season. I know this will not happen, but I can dream!






Susan's Silly Secrets:

1. What is your guilty pleasure food?
That would have to be potates. I know they are full of carbs but I love them in every way. At least they are a vegetable!

2. Work and life essentials aside, what is the activity you spend the most time doing?
My time outside of work is spent picking my children up and driving them from extracurricular activity to the next extracurricular activity. I spend a lot of time in my pickup!

3. Do you have any pets and what are their name(s)?
I really am not a pet kind of a person. We do have livestock at our house - sheep, pigs, and goats but all are 4-H projects.

4. Your biggest pet peeve?
Someone standing beside you crunching chips or cracking peanuts. It gets on my nerves so bad that the only way to cure it is to join them in the crunching and cracking.

5. What is your favorite fabric print ever (excluding your own)?
I love Lotus by Amy Butler



Labels: ,