It's Sew Emma Spotlight: Love Links


I am so proud of my Love Links design!

If you know me, you know that I love piecing. While I am always astounded by the look of intricate appliqué, I never inherited the kind of patience it takes to do some of that gorgeous stuff. So I am always looking for cool ways to translate traditional appliqué designs into piecing I can quickly accomplish. What can I say – between running a 24/7 store and running a household, my schedule is always packed!




With Love Links, I wanted to make a contemporary and pieceable wedding ring quilt. I came up with this seamless design that flows from one color to the next, with alternating rows of rings and patches. I chose Etchings by 3 Sisters for my quilt, because I love 3 Sisters, but it would look equally wonderful in a brighter collection, like Ruby or Secret Garden. Or imagine it with a batik group - That would be dazzling!

I hope you enjoy Love Links as much as I do!


Labels: