Thursday, December 15, 2011

Designer Tidbits: Cosmo Cricket

The Fat Quarter Shop is excited to welcome Julie Comstock of Cosmo Cricket to the Jolly Jabber. Julie’s latest fabric collection is Chemistry from Moda Fabrics.

Q: What was the first seed that grew into the Chemistry collection?
A: Valentines and chocolates…The feeling of falling head over heels for someone… Everything seen through rose colored glasses.

Q: If your collection had a soundtrack what would be on the list?
1. Knock me a Kiss by Louis Jordan
2. Let's Fall in Love by Ella Fitzgerald

Q: What single print/SKU in the collection is your favorite?
A: Pattern number 30711- Head over Heels for it!

Q: What is your favorite project you have made using this collection?
A: Well, I just got the fabric not too long ago, but I am working on an envelope quilt idea I have. Here is one of the blocks. The little fabric card is free on the top and side edges so that it looks like you could pull it out.

Q: If this collection had a scent to it, what would it be?
A: Chocolate!

Q: Can you give us a sneak-peek of your next fabric collection?
A: Salt Air will be shipping in March.

Q: If you had a mascot, what animal would it be?
A: It should be a cricket, but my dog is much cuter!

Q: Who is your favorite celebrity?
A: I really love Meryl Streep.

Q: If we were making a movie about your life, who would you want to play you?
A: Well, I have to be played by Mia Farrow... either when she was younger, or when I am older.

I think Stephanie may show up in this movie too, so I picked Anna Kendrick to play her!

Q: Who is your favorite fabric designer not including yourself?
A: It could cause marital discord if I picked anyone other than Eric (my husband). Besides, I love his work! This is one of my favorite pieces he has done called Road Trip.


Sève said...

Hello, I think there is a resemblance between Julie and Annie Lennox !
I could do a nice project for my kitchen with this beautiful Chemistry collection.
Fat Quater Shop is going to be a "den of perdition" for me in the next months...
Have a good day !

Carrie P. said...

Love those swirly hearts.
And you do have such a cute dog.

Needled Mom said...

Those hearts are gorgeous and I love the "Road Trip."

Mom C said...

That is beautiful fabric. I love the depth of the darker color and the pattern draws you in. Road trip is way fun too. Thanks for sharing.

B. Poteraj said...

EEK, adorable images!!! LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!