Designer Tidbits: Liz Scott


The Fat Quarter Shop is excited to welcome Liz Scott to the Jolly Jabber. Liz Scott’s latest fabric collection is Domestic Bliss for Moda Fabrics.





Q: What was the first seed that grew into the Domestic Bliss collection?
A: My favorite place in the entire world: home. Each print in this collection was inspired by the simple spaces that surround my family and me; the kitchen table, the garden, the seat next to the window... The overall tone is vintage modern and my vintage fabric stash was a great jumping off point for this collection.




Q: If your collection had a soundtrack what would be on the list?
A: Oh, good question. The soundtrack would have to be classic and modern alike, with a nod to country. And since Domestic Bliss is feminine, it would have to include soulful, sultry ladies of substance: Gillian Welch, Feist, Neko Case, Kate & Anna McGarrigle, Aimee Mann, and Brandi Carlile.

Q: What single print/SKU in the collection is your favorite?
A: The more I work with them the more each one of their personalities presents itself to me. To pick just one is hard, but this one was love at first sight.




Q: What is your favorite project you have made using this collection?
A: I did this little sit upon blanket for the Moda Country Fair Blog Hop.




I am also quite smitten with this blanket.




Q: What is your favorite part of working in the fabric industry?
A: The people are really nice and everyone you meet is on your same wavelength. That and the love of fabric! There seems to be no end to beautiful fabric!

Q: Can you give us a sneak-peek of your next fabric collection?
A: I am in the concept and ideation stages on a new collection, but I can tell you that I have been really drawn to florals lately. Obsessed really.

Q: What is your absolute favorite thing in your house?
A: Our dining room table because I made it out of an old door and because it is so central in our home. We eat, work and play around it. If I am completely honest, it is probably a little big for our space, but we love all of that flat surface area!





Q: Which project stands out in your memory as your all-time favorite?
A: My first attempt at a costume! This is my daughter dressed as an avocado this past Halloween.




Q: Where do you do your best thinking? Can we see a photo of your studio?
A: Outside, for sure, but my studio is a close second. Here is a favorite corner in there.




Q: What is your favorite snack food? Can we see a photo of your fridge or pantry?
A: Ice-cream, even in winter. This was my pantry when I organized it a few months back. It does not look like this today.




Q: What is your one guilty pleasure in life?
A: Coffee and sugar. Not sugar in my coffee, but something sweet with that bitter drink. Yum!


Labels: ,