Designer Tidbits: Deb Strain


The Fat Quarter Shop is excited to welcome Deb Strain to the Jolly Jabber. Deb’s latest fabric collection is Happy H"owl"o-ween for Moda Fabrics.


Q: What or who would you dedicate this Happy H"owl"o-ween collection to? Do you have an inspiration board?
A: Happy H"owl"o-ween would certainly be dedicated to the fun experience during that "spooky" time of the year! As children we looked forward to Trick or Treating all year long. We were ready to dash out of the door the minute Beggar's Night started. Each contribution to our Trick or Treat bag was ooh’d and aah’d over. And yes, we did soap windows of those who would not answer their doors. That is, until, I was caught one year and had to wash all of the windows that I had just soaped!



Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: Anything that Barb of Coach House Designs creates with it! I especially love the "BOO!" quilt that she designed with a little ghost out Trick or Treating.

(Pattern arriving in June to Fat Quarter Shop.)

Q: If time travel became possible, what year would you want to be in?
A: I think that I would stay right here, so that I could be with my family and those that I love.

Q: If you had to change your first name what would you change it to?
A: Probably something more exotic. Although, there are a lot of Deb, Debbie and Deborah’s in the sewing world. I get to meet so many of them, because we have the same name!

Q: What was your favorite childhood TV show?
A: Cartoons... Johnny Quest. The last cartoon on Saturday morning and always the best! Regular TV? Friday night line-up....Brady Bunch, Partridge Family and Love American Style (when I was old enough to watch that show!)

Q: Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
A: I met Richard Simmons once... he looked just like he does on TV.


Labels: , ,