Designer Tidbits: Maasai Mara

The Fat Quarter Shop is excited to welcome Lindsay Galloway, part of the Dear Stella team, to the Jolly Jabber. One of Dear Stella Designs' latest fabric collections is Maasai Mara.

 The Dear Stella team. (Lindsay on the left; Jamie on the right)

Q: What or who would you dedicate this collection to? Do you have an inspiration board?
A: Maasai Mara is dedicated to those who appreciate Ikat & Global fusion but don't want to spend high-end designer prices on it. Our collection is affordable and fun, allowing the trendy consumer to swap things in and out of their home without breaking the bank.


Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: The quilt from our latest Maasai Mara advertisement. I'd put that on my bed.


Q: If time travel became possible, what year would you want to be in?
A: I have to agree with Jamie. It would be wonderful to be able to go back and be a kid again in the 80's! But I'd also love to go to the 16th or 17th century for a day or two purely for fashion reasons.

Q: If you had to change your first name what would you change it to?
A: Straw (my maiden name) because everyone calls me that anyway!

Q: What was your favorite childhood TV show?
A: Jetsons, Fraggle Rock, and Kids Incorporated.


Q: Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
A: Although I didn't get to speak to her, I worked with a floral designer on a Martha Stewart photo shoot for Macy's a few years ago. I was able to gawk in admiration at Martha but I didn't dare say anything!

Q: What is your favorite App to play on your phone?
A: Draw Something - it has instantly replaced Words with Friends!


Q: If you could marry a technology, what would it be?
A: I think the answer would have to be my iPhone. I honestly don't know how I did anything without it. I order groceries, check-in to my gym, and buy a coffee with it!

Labels: , , ,