Designer Tidbits: Cynthia Frenette

The Fat Quarter Shop is excited to welcome Cynthia Frenette to the Jolly Jabber. Cynthia’s latest fabric collection is Kona Modern Quilts from Robert Kaufman Fabrics.


Q: What or who would you dedicate the Kona Modern Quilts collection to?
A: I would definitely dedicate this collection to the huge Modern Quilt movement that's happening right now. It's so exciting to see all the amazing quilts and designs that modern quilters are coming up with, and especially how solids are being incorporated. I'm also a co-founder of the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild up here in Abbotsford, BC, so more specifically I would dedicate this collection to them!

Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: Well, I have my sample yardage burning a hole in my pocket right now- why is it so hard to cut into!? I am planning to make a quilt using some of the Berry colourway and some of the new coordinating Kona Solids once I get my hands on some!


Q: If time travel became possible, what year would you want to be in?
A: I would definitely be into visiting the 1950's and hanging out with Julia Child in Paris. If I could I would skip back and forth between then and the 20's in Paris, exploring the Belle Epoque (I recently watched Midnight in Paris - a must see!). That would be awesome and inspiring!



Q: If you had to change your first name what would you change it to?
A: I don't think I would change my first name; it suits me incredibly well as it means "Moon Goddess" and I've always had a "thing" for the moon.


Q: What was your favorite childhood TV show?
A: I loved Little House on the Prairie, That's Incredible, Love Boat, Brady Bunch, and Saturday morning Hanna Barbara cartoons, all while sipping big mug-fulls of my favorite chocolate milk!


Q: Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
A: Ack I haven't met anyone famous! I would like to meet the author Chris Guillebeau. He's super inspiring to me.


Q: What is your favorite App to play on your phone?
A: Heheh I don’t have an iPhone- I don't even know how to text! I don't like phones much, though I would like to own an iPad!

Q: If you could marry a technology, what would it be?
A: If a sewing machine counts, then my Bernina sewing machine named "Divina" as she's a bit of a diva! We're attached at the hip most days! Otherwise my mac, I'm a lifelong Apple fan!


Labels: ,