Designer Tidbits: October Afternoon

The Fat Quarter Shop is excited to welcome Kim Watson of October Afternoon to the Jolly Jabber. October Afternoon’s latest fabric collection is Seaside from Riley Blake Designs.


Q: What or who would you dedicate the Seaside collection to?
A: I have always wanted to spend time up on the coast of Maine. I designed Seaside to capture the classic feel of an earlier era in that northern-coastal region.


Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: It’s funny how sometimes the simplest projects can sound like so much fun. I’m actually looking forward the most to using the laminate from this line to make a picnic table cloth!

Q: If time travel became possible, what year would you want to be in?
A: The 1950’s of course! I love the style, designs, music and more from that era. I guess I would call it my “inspiration decade.”

Q: If you had to change your first name what would you change it to?
A: Maybe Maggie, Hannah, or Emma. Definitely a name with more syllables.

Q: What was your favorite childhood TV show?
A: Little House on the Prairie. I read and loved the entire series of books as well!


Q: Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
A: Dan Quayle when he was Vice President. He spoke at an event near my college in Florida once and I met him afterwards.


Q: What is your favorite App to play on your phone?
A: Fuzzle. It’s great mindless fun when you’ve got a few minutes to while away.


Q: If you could marry a technology, what would it be?
A: I did marry a technology! His name is Jon. He solves all my technology problems for me. There’s something to be said for marrying a computer chip designer!

Labels: ,