Designer Tidbits: Jay-Cyn Designs


Jay-Cyn Designs of Birch Fabrics continued their Storyboek collection with a second installment, which is just as sweet as the first. Storyboek II is a peek inside of a picture perfect tale filled with mermaids, sea creatures and whimsical landscapes.


Q: To what or whom would you dedicate the Storyboek II collection?
A: I would dedicate this collection to my Mom because it's her influences in our childhood home that really influenced this whole collection.

Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: I have to say that Melissa Lunden's By Land and By Sea Quilts are my favorite projects so far!


Q: If time travel became possible, what year would you want to be in?
A: For the art, furniture, houses and decor, 1955, but not for the inequality and social injustice.

Q: If you had to change your first name what would you change it to?
A: Addie, I have always loved that name.


Q: What was your favorite childhood TV show?
A: I guess it was The Smurfs. I just thought they were so cute, although I watched a lot of cartoons so it's hard to choose one.


Q: Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
A: My cousin Rob Estes, he used to be on Melrose Place.


Q: What is your favorite App to play on your phone?
A: Isn't Angry Birds everyone's favorite? I love the challenge.

Q: If you could marry a technology, what would it be?
A: Definitely my iPad, I can't imagine how I lived without it before.


Labels: