Designer Tidbits: Me and my Sister


Good morning, Jolly Jabber Readers! Barb and Mary of Me and my Sister Designs are here today to chat with us about their new collection, Good Morning. This collection is bright and full of morning time cheer.  Shop the collection and read on for a fun Q & A with Me and My Sister!


Q: To what or whom would you dedicate this collection, or what inspired this collection?
A: This collection is dedicated to AND inspired by my sister Barb. She is always so cheerful and beautiful in the morning. I don’t know how she does it. I mean doesn’t that picture just scream “good morning”?




Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: That‘s easy! We both love the new Suburban Quilt!


Mary came up with a great new technique for piecing the houses.

Piece one block and get two houses!

Q3: What would be your collection’s theme song?
A: Good Morning sung by Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and Donald O’Connor in the movie “Singin In the Rain”. It’s one of our favorite movies. We both love old musicals.


Q: If you could live in a movie, what movie would it be?
A: I must admit this is going to sound crazy. I would love to be a character in “The legend of Ricky Bobby Talladega Nights”. I think it’s one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
Mary has enough trouble living in the real world so she could not pick a movie to live in (she deserved that after the morning picture thing).

Q: What do you get nostalgic over?
A: That’s a great question and it happened to me very recently. I walk a canal near our home every morning. There are lots of people that do the same and the path is always busy. One day not too long a go an older gentleman walked by me and I smelled like Coppertone Suntan Lotion!


What a blast from the past. That smell is so unmistakable and had me running to buy sunscreen at the pharmacy, so I could smell like that again.

Q: What is your favorite TV show of all time?
A: Barb: Law and Order. All of them. Mary: Glee. The older ones.

Q: If you could be a modern day fictional character, who would you be?
A: Stephanie Plum from the books by Janet Evanovich.


Stephanie can eat donuts whenever she wants and has 2 hot guys that WANT her!

Q: What’s the strangest compliment you’ve ever received?
A: Most of the time people say that we both look alike. But once, years ago someone said “Oh how cute mother and daughter!” I jumped back and said “if you want to live, don’t EVEN tell me who you think the mother is!”

Labels: ,