Designer Tidbits: Sharon Kropp


Sharon Kropp's new collection, Little Monkey from Blend Fabrics, has us swinging from the trees. This collection is as cute as it is playful and is perfect for the little monkeys in your life. Sharon dropped by the Jolly Jabber for a quick chat about her collection and a bit about herself!


Q: To what or whom would you dedicate this collection, or what inspired this collection?
A: I would dedicate this collection to my own ‘little monkeys’, my babies, all four of them (Jordan, Kori, Kacey and Keaton), who have long since moved past their baby days. Sigh.

Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: Since it’s so brand new, I haven’t had a chance to create with it yet, but check out this fun free project, a hopscotch pattern quilt (available soon at Blend Fabrics!) I can’t wait to play with the fabric myself!


Q: What would be your collection’s theme song?
A: Well, one of the fabric patterns happens to be the lyrics to the song “5 Little Monkeys Jumpin’ on the Bed”. Classic, silly, rambunctious and adorable!

Q: If you could live in a movie, what movie would it be?
A: Princess Bride, hands down. As long as I didn’t have to go anywhere near the ROUSes. (You die-hards will know!) The rest is pure perfection.


Q: What do you get nostalgic over?
A: Hand-written notes and drawings from my little ones that I have saved. They just melt me.

Q: What is your favorite TV show of all time?
A: Considering that I didn’t grow up with TV and I can live without it now, but also considering that I love to laugh, my current favorite is Modern Family. Oh, man. That’s some funny stuff!


Q: If you could be a modern day fictional character, who would you be?
A: Elf. What an awesome, a-dork-able character! Imagine seeing the world with the sense of wonder and delight that he did. So refreshing!

Q: What’s the strangest compliment you’ve ever received?
A: Hmm, Let’s see. “Amazing piecrust!”? Maybe not all that strange, but not something one hears every day! I do love to bake, and I do make a mean piecrust!


Labels: