It's Sew Emma Spotlight: Oh My Stars


Independence Trail by Minick & Simpson came in last week, which means our Oh My Stars pattern gets to be in the spotlight today!

The seeds of Oh My Stars is a very familiar block, the LeMoyne Star, also known by various other names. Wanting to stay true to a traditional feel, but with a spin, I played with color and placement. I love the many elements that draw your eye from the center outward, keeping the movement dancing around the quilt. Beyond the multi-colored stars, you see the secondary bigger stars, overlapping diamonds, squares, and rectangles, before circling the stars in the border.


Although the red, white and blue make this a patriotic quilt, the colors can easily be swapped out for soft cottage colors or bright solids.

I hope you enjoy this pattern! Shop owners, you can find this as ISE-134 at United Notions, Checkers, Brewer and EE Schenck.


Labels: