Kevin and I began dating in 1998, and his love of Texas sports was evident. Just two years after I began quilting, I noticed that he was in dire need of a new blanket, as the one on his couch was a little worse for the wear. Naturally, I decided to make him a UT quilt!
I designed this quilt using Electric Quilt software. The entire quilt is made using 1,116 squares using two Kona solids. The borders finish at 3 inches. I chain-pieced each row so the quilt only took about eight hours to complete. I believe I used tangerine (not exactly burnt orange, but close enough!) and bleached white. I asked the quilter for a simple cross-hatch design. It is a quilt Kevin treasures, especially during UT football season. Hook ‘em Horns!