Designer Tidbits: Daphne B.

Designer Tidbits with Fat Quarter Shop

Happy Friday! This Friday is packed full of fun, first with our Build a Bundle feature and now with a little vino. Daphne B's newest collection, You Had Me at Merlot, is dripping with images of the French wine country. Wine-down on this Friday afternoon and embark on a journey to the Côteaux de Loire for a wine tour!


Q: To what or whom would you dedicate this collection, or what inspired this collection?
A: I dedicate this collection to my grandparents Gisele and Gilbert Brissonnet. The region where they are from and still live, the Loire valley near Saumur, has totally inspired this collection. The château La Brissonne (a play on words with my family name) that you see on one of the labels is a wink to my granddad, as to offer him an imaginary castle. The Côteaux de Loire is what they call the high banks on each side of the Loire River where the famous vineyard grapes are grown.

Q: What is your favorite project using this collection?
A: I would love to see benches in the kitchen upholstered in a mix and match fashion with those fabrics.


Q: What would be your collection’s theme song?
A: I know this is totally cliché but the first song that comes to mind is Douce France interpreted by Charles Trenet.

Q: If you could live in a movie, what movie would it be?
A: At this very moment I think I would like to try living in the movie Amelie, in the modern yet outdated and magical Paris that is depicted there.


Q: What do you get nostalgic over?
A: I get nostalgic over the time where as kids we could ride our bikes without wearing helmets and people were not as neurotic about security.

Q: What is your favorite TV show of all time?
A: I am a Trekky, a Star Trek Lover, and also very much enjoyed the series Six Feet Under.


Q: If you could be a modern day fictional character, who would you be?
A: I would enjoy being a character that has the ability to fly like the Chinese heroine in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Being able to fly is definitely my ultimate fantasy!

Q: What’s the strangest compliment you’ve ever received?
A: I can't recall having received a strange compliment. I think because when a compliment comes from the heart I perceive it as a compliment not a strange thing.


Labels: