QUILTS AND BLANKETS FOR SUPERSTORM SANDY: ASAP

Victoria Findlay Wolfe of Bumble Beans Inc is asking for help! She is on the Jolly Jabber today to talk about a quilt and blanket drive for those affected by Super Storm Sandy.   


Super Storm Sandy and my area of the world.
Having missed the entire storm, by being in Houston for Market, I felt helpless as my family were in NYC without me. I started to organize a quilt drive for our area while I was still in Houston.

Once home, I realized how seriously the storm affected my neighborhood, my friends, and fellow New Yorkers, CT, PA and NJ... Homes have been wiped off the face of the earth, people are cold, and wet, and we have rain and snow coming. I need to be able to help NOW.

I just had a call from Raul Russi, Head of the Acacia Network, whom I had previously partnered with on my BUMBLEBEANSBASICS.com
Quilt Drive for homeless families being taken out of shelters and put into transitional housing.

He said, "We have 150-200 quilts here, right now. And since the rest of my families are INSIDE already, can we deliver these quilts in our medical trucks to the people in the Rockaways, NOW?" I said, "YES! Let's go!"

http://bumblebeansbasics.com/

WHAT WE NEED:

QUILTS AND BLANKETS are needed ASAP. 

Home-made or Store Bought QUILTS AND BLANKETS: ANY SIZE. 
Quilts will be accepted, and handed out as quickly as they come in.

Give Selflessly.

Thank you cards will not be sent out due to the urgency of the events of SANDY.

REAL THANKS:

LABEL YOUR QUILTS, Name, address and email.

The person who receives your quilt may want to thank you themselves.


Send Quilts & Blankets to:

Basic Housing, Inc.
Attn: Robert Gonzalez / H.SANDY
540 East 180th Street, Bronx, NY 10457


PLEASE Include INSIDE THE BOX CLEARLY WRITTEN your name, email & address & Phone
please ship them with delivery confirmation. Any questions, Please email:
Lane Falcon

lfalcon@acacianetwork.org

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe
bumblebeansinc.com