Designer Tidbits: Sweetwater



Do you have a bucket list? I do. I spend my lazy Saturdays jotting down items for my bucket list. Sometimes it's the big-ticket items like spending a summer in Paris, but sometimes it's the little things like trying a new restaurant this weekend or stitching up a quilt in my favorite new collection (hint hint). Those designers over at Sweetwater know what it's like to dream in doodles and make lists of those things that make life sweeter. Noteworthy is a perfect mixture of sweet colors, hand written lists and miles of doodles. The Sweetwater ladies are here to tell us a bit about Noteworthy. Enjoy!


Q: Where did you find your original inspiration for this collection?
A: Remember when we actually wrote things down with a pencil and paper? Noteworthy was inspired by that pencil and paper time. We love to doodle and can remember doodling in school or while on the phone. This inspired us to make a collection about our doodles!

Q: What was your “aha” moment in designing this collection
A: Our aha moment was when we started thinking about our doodles. Our doodles often look like the Bucket List design in this collection with random lists, stars, and flowers all over the page. We thought it would be fun to design a collection featuring our bucket list and doodles.


Q: What TV show or movie does your collection fit best in?
A: The first thing that comes to mind is The Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.

Q: Tell me about your sewing machines. What kinds do you have and how many?
A: We have 2 basic Pfaff’s. They have treated us well!


Q: What is your favorite part of the fabric industry?
A: My favorite part of the fabric industry is seeing all of the wonderful designs and meeting all of the wonderful people involved in the industry.


Q: What is your favorite print in the collection?
A: My favorite print in the collection is the bucket list design. I think it draws the entire collection together. It is a very versatile print that can be used in a variety of different projects.

Q: What is the most challenging part of the design process?
A: COLOR! We spend a lot of time on getting the right colors together. We like each of our collections to look different from each other but when you are all drawn to the same colors it becomes difficult.


Q: What are your favorite and least favorite colors and why?
A: My favorite color by far is the blue mist. It is so refreshing and I have plans to change the color of my room to this color. (by the time I get this done, I will probably have changed my mind at least 100 times!) For my least favorite color, I will go with pink. I know many people like pink but I have never been a pink kind of girl.

For a look at Noteworthy in action at Fall Quilt Market, here is a little interview to watch. And we would like to know, what's on your bucket list?




Labels: ,