Stars for Sydney


Hello Sunshine! What a great name for this bright, colorful fabric line by Riley Blake. Reds, yellows, pinks and greens make up the palette. I was so inspired by this fabulous collection, I just had to design a cheerful quilt to show off the fabric! This kit is in the April/May 2013 issue of McCall's Quick Quilts Magazine, which just landed on newsstands.


The simple nine-patch blocks and the appliquéd stars make Stars for Sydney a fast and easy quilt. The stars are a bit whimsical in shape and I chose to appliqué them onto a soft white background. I prefer the fusible method of appliqué, but you can also do the needleturn method if you wish. After appliquéing the stars, I used a bright matching thread to do the blanket-stitch around each star.

This quilt will be treasured by any little girl in your life!

Labels: ,