We can't wait for QuiltCon later this month! The Modern Quilt Guild started a Link Party for a chance to get to know each other a bit better before they flock to Austin. Keep reading for a bit more information about Kimberly and the gang. We would love to say hello at the show, so keep an eye out for us!
1. I love rap music. I always request my favorite radio station to play “Ditty” by Paperboy whenever I can.
2. I have four kids five and under, one girl and three boys. My eldest, Emma, is the namesake for my pattern company It’s Sew Emma, and she has her own little scrapbox of fabrics to play with while I sew.
3. I am a CPA and met my husband Kevin working at the same firm before I started Fat Quarter Shop.
4. I have horrible handwriting but I am stickler for straight, neat stitching when I sew.
5. I have been married ten years, and I started FQS the same year. We’re celebrating FQS’s tenth year with a sew-along that starts in a few months!
1. I love to read and am a huge nerd. I read the first two books of Hunger Games just this weekend.
2. Blue is my favorite color, but my favorite shade of blue changes all the time. Right now it’s a soft, dove-grayish blue.
3. I majored in advertising, so I am constantly critiquing commercials.
4. I am running my first half-marathon in less than two weeks. Scary!
5. I have no favorite fabric “genres”, I can find collections I like in all fabric categories.
1. I married my high school sweetheart.
2. My husband and I are foster parents.
3. I am in an improv troupe called The Cubbies, and we perform in Austin every once in a while.
4. I love watching movies. I get really excited when I see a red envelope from Netflix in my mailbox.
5. I wish I had a green thumb, but my only hope might be in fake plants.
1. I love stripes. I wear more stripes than anyone should. I can't get enough.
2. On any given day my favorite color, movie, TV show change. I just can't make up my mind.
3. Brunch is my favorite meal. It is very hard to top a long, leisurely brunch.
4. I don't cook. It's not that I can't, I just don't have the patience for it. One day that will change. I swear.
5. I am a list maker. Making lists is how I stay organized.
1. In my free time I am often found in my kitchen creating the most extreme cakes.
2. I grew up on a farm and have raised 20 different breeds of animals.
3. My daughter Ryan is 6 years old and everyone calls her my mini-me.
4. I am drawn to anything that sparkles!
5. As much as I hate it, I can't get enough of reality TV.
Labels: Fat Quarter Shop Fun, QuiltCon