Designer Tidbits: Sandy Gervias

Love is in the air! Sandy Gervais of Pieces From my Heart is here to tell us about her new love-inspired collection, Table for Two. Get inspired to sew a little something to celebrate all of the LOVE in your life!
Q: Tell us a little about the Table for Two collection. What were you inspired by?
A: Bruce and I just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. We may no longer look like this young couple, nor did I ever look like this girl. However, we are still as in love as the young couple pictured on the panel.
Q: What is your design process when beginning a new collection?
A: Most of the time I start with the color palette. In this case, it being a Valentine’s line, the colors were pretty much predetermined. Of course Valentines usually has red. My red will always be a warm red – never a cool red. I like to use a warm black in a Valentine’s line. Warm reds and pinks always pop on a black background.
Q: What projects do you hope to see made using Table for Two?
A: I think the panel with its many parts and motifs opens up an array of possibilities. You could appliqué the motifs on various projects – aprons, potholder or tea towels. You could also piece the motif blocks into various traditional or not so traditional blocks. I think some of the prints would work up very nicely into little girl’s clothing. So many cute and girly possibilities!
Hearts Intertwined Table Runner Kit
Sweetness Quilt Pattern
Q: What projects have you made using Table for Two?
A: I have only had time to make the projects featured on my patterns – table mats, runners, tea towel and wall quilts. I do hope I have time to make a red and white quilt using this line…someday.
Q: How do you describe your style?
A: Not really traditional – not really modern – something in-between??

Labels: , , ,