Row.. Row.. Row Along with Moda Fabrics


Happy Friday everyone! Remember the fun Row Along pageant during last year's Moda Schoolhouse? Well, Moda Fabrics, along with their 24 designers invited us to sew along this fun event. We've sewn up our favorite rows from the All in a Row book to show you today (along with a fun questionnaire), so let's get started!

Kimberly chose the Twinkle Row designed by Camille of Thimble Blossoms using Bunny Hill's upcoming Halloween collection, Spooky Delights


Here's the skinny from Kimberly...
I am currently obsessed with the Married at First Sight TV Show.
If I'm not quilting, I'm with my kids or a dance mom. 
The best piece of advice (regarding quilting) I've received was, if you don't like the block, redo it or you will never like it when the quilt is finished. 
My go-to snack food for a full day (or night) of quilting is Nutella. 
When I just can't get a quilt to come together, I set it aside and completely forget about it.
My go to color combination is pink and aqua. 
I can't begin  a new quilting project unless my sewing room is complete clean (which lasts about 5 minutes).
On my playlist while I'm quilting is Miranda Lambert. 
Beyond designing, my favorite part about making a quilt is cutting and ironing. 
One little tip that will make creating my row better, easier, or more accurate is starch, starch and more starch. 

Codi loves birds, so it's no wonder that she fell in love with the Birdies and Tree Row by Corey Yoder of Little Miss Shabby. She used a combination of Mochi Linen Dots and Juniper Berry collection by BasicGrey.

Here's the skinny from Codi...
I am currently obsessed with my new puppy, Stella
If I'm not quilting, I'm watching TV. 
The best piece of advice (regarding quilting) I've received was pre-starch your fabrics.
My go-to snack food for a full day (or night) of quilting is popcorn and red vines. 
When I just can't get a quilt to come together, I take a break and drink a glass of wine.
My go to color combination is teal and grey. 
I can't begin  a new quilting project unless I remove all traces of my previously made project. 
On my playlist while I'm quilting: songs from the 80's
Beyond designing, my favorite part about making a quilt is selecting the perfect fabrics. 
One little tip that will make creating my row better, easier, or more accurate is use plastic templates to create the bird shape, that way all of your birds will end up looking consistent. 

Deborah chose a delightful winter scene of a friendly snowman surrounded by traditional star blocks for her Row. The Winter Friends row was designed by Kathy Schimtz. 

Here's the skinny from Deborah...
I am currently obsessed with Blueberry Park by Karen Lewis Textiles for Robert Kaufman.
If I'm not quilting, I'm doing housework, which is why I prefer quilting. 
The best piece of advice (regarding quilting) I've received was measure twice, cut once, and be consistent.
My go-to snack food for a full day (or night) of quilting is Peanut Butter M&M's
When I just can't get a quilt to come together, I walk away and do something else so I can go back with fresh eyes. 
My go to color combination is red and white.
I can't begin  a new quilting project unless I want to.
On my playlist while I'm quilting: Audiobooks - scary, creepy ones. 
Beyond designing, my favorite part about making a quilt is hand sewing and binding. 
One little tip that will make creating my row better, easier, or more accurate is cutting the background bigger and trimming it down after you finish the embroidery. 

Nova loves the traditional look of the We are Family Row designed by Fig Tree Quilts. She also used the Larkspur collection by 3 Sisters to create an autumn inspired row, gorgeous right?

Here's the skinny from Nova...
I am currently obsessed with making cloth book covers. 
If I'm not quilting, I'm planning outings with my boys. 
The best piece of advice (regarding quilting) I've received was make your seams nest. 
My go-to snack food for a full day (or night) of quilting is popcorn. 
When I just can't get a quilt to come together, I take a break with a TV show. 
My go to color combination is green and blue.
I can't begin  a new quilting project unless I have a couple of hours set aside. 
On my playlist while I'm quilting: Mellow by Daniel Lanois.
Beyond designing, my favorite part about making a quilt is chain piecing. 
One little tip that will make creating my row better, easier, or more accurate is use the "spinning seams" technique to help the four patches lay nice and flat. 

Sarah's Row Houses designed by Carrie Nelson gives a tropical vibe using the Aria collection by Kate Spain. Can't you imagine yourself lounging by the beach with this?

Here's the skinny from Sarah...
I am currently obsessed with organization
If I'm not quilting, I'm spending time with my husband and kids
The best piece of advice (regarding quilting) I've received was to never be afraid to try something new.
My go-to snack food for a full day (or night) of quilting is potato chips
When I just can't get a quilt to come together, I take a break and come back to it later. 
My go to color combination is blue and anything.
I can't begin  a new quilting project unless I clean my sewing table.
On my playlist while I'm quilting, I dont really listen to music while I sew, I usually watch TV. 
Beyond designing, my favorite part about making a quilt is the sense of accomplishment when you are done with a project. 
One little tip that will make creating my row better, easier, or more accurate is go slow and steady!

Thank you so much for joining us today on the Jolly Jabber! Check back daily for more quilty fun!

Labels: