It's time for our first Button Lovers' Club
of 2017! If you're not already a member, you're missing out! The club features a monthly present of 86 hand-dyed buttons in a variety of shapes and styles! No matter what project you have, you'll always have the perfect button embellishment to finish your piece!
January's Button Lovers' Club color is a stunning plum!
We've whipped up a charming project to showcase these gems, and Pat Sloan
has stitched along with us! We'll walk you through it step-by-step, and you'll come out with the cutest Butterfly Mini Quilt
Butterfly Mini Quilt
Finished size: 12 1/2" by 12 1/2"
- 1 - 8 ½” white square - use Grunge Snow White fabric
- 10 - 3” white squares - use Grunge Snow White fabric
- 10 - 3” aqua squares - use Latitude Batiks fabric
- 2 - 2 ¼” x width of fabric strips for binding - use Latitude Batiks fabric
- 1 - 16 ½” square for backing - use Latitude Batiks fabric
- Cut the butterfly body from the Grunge Hot Cocoa fabric
- Cut the butterfly wings from the Grunge Grape fabric
- Applique the butterfly body and wings to the 8 ½” white square.
- Using the 3” white and aqua squares, make 20 HST using the 2 at a time method. Trim to 2 ½”.
- Assemble the mini quilt.
- Add buttons and embroidery floss.
- Piece the binding strips ends to end. Quilt and bind as desired.
Pat used the fun prints in the Manderley
collection by Franny & Jane to bring her butterfly to life!
Will you stick with basics, or opt for a print? We can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to tag us on social media with the hashtag #buttonloversclub.
If you aren't already a member, sign up for the Button Lovers' Club
today. You won't want to miss all of our free patterns and fun ideas!
Labels: Button Lovers' Club, Free Pattern, Just Another Button Company, moda, Moda Fabric